Basic Personal Counselling is an easy to read introduction to counselling textbook that reflects current best practice.
This book is designed to prepare students for field placement and therefore has a strong vocational focus.
• Teaches core interviewing skills and provides a framework of practical examples and training group exercises, to enable students to progressively build a skill repertoire.
• Introduces counselling skills in a logical sequence and provides practical examples of the skills in action.
• Outlines the process of change involved in counselling.
• Provides approaches for counselling people with specific problems such as; anger, depression, grief, suicidal ideation.
• Discusses professional issues including; confidentiality, ethics and record keeping.
The topics covered in this handbook are a useful resource for first year Psychology and Social work students, making it a perfect addition to their recommended reading list of unibooks.
|Publication Date||28 Jul 2016|