www.jekkle.com.au (‘Website’) is owned and operated by Zookal Pty Ltd (trading as Jekkle) ABN 82 147 685 452.
1. Contacting Jekkle
If you encounter a problem or have an enquiry about our service please contact us here:
Unit 3, 1 Coggins Place, NSW, 2020, Australia
Phone: 02 9053 4660
3. Site contents, ownership, and use restrictions
The material on this site is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and other countries through international treaties.
Your use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
All content of the Jekkle website including text, graphics, logos, designs, photographs, button icons, images, audio/video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software and its compilation is the property of Jekkle or its suppliers and is protected by Australian and International copyright laws. Unless otherwise specified, the content of the Jekkle website is for your personal and non-commercial use and we grant you a limited license to access the Jekkle website for that purpose. You may not download (other than through page caching necessary for personal use), modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any information contained on, or obtained from, the Jekkle website without our express written consent.
4. Information from and Advertising and Links to Third Party Websites
This site may contain information from or hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties. Such information or websites are not under the control of Jekkle and Jekkle is not responsible for the contents of any such information or website. Jekkle provides such information and hyperlinks to you as convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by Jekkle. You rely on such information or websites entirely at your own risk.
You are referred to the relevant third party websites for all information regarding the third parties' products and/or services. Third parties are solely responsible to you, subject to their conditions, for all issues relating to their website including information, goods, services, prices and the delivery of any goods or services you purchase on the third party website.
5. Personal, non-commercial use
Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute, download, and print in hard copy portions of this site solely for the proper and reasonable purposes of:
- Placing an order with Jekkle Business; or
- Using this site as a shopping resource, provided that you do not modify the site and that Jekkle retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Contents.
6. Prohibited conduct
You are not authorised, without the prior written permission of Jekkle and any other owner of rights in content that you access via the site, to reproduce, frame, download, store (in any medium), communicate, show or play in public, adapt, change, or create a derivative work from that content.
No trademark (whether registered or otherwise) that is contained on this site or otherwise used by Jekkle may be used without our prior, specific, written permission or that of the trademark owner.
7. We can use your feedback
You grant Jekkle an irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use any material, information and ideas that you transmit to this site or otherwise provide to Jekkle from the time you authorise it to be sent. You agree that we can use and adapt any ideas, concepts, techniques, words, images or other content contained in these transmissions for any purpose and without restriction or compensation.
8. General prohibitions
You must not upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site any material which:
- violates or infringes the rights of others (including their privacy and intellectual property rights);
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law; restricts or inhibits any other user from using the site;
- affects the functionality or operation of the site or its servers or the functionality or operation of any user's computer systems (e.g. by transmitting a computer virus or other harmful component, whether or not knowingly); or
- breaches any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority, including authorities that require Jekkle to take remedial action under any applicable industry code.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
Jekkle is providing this site and its contents on an 'as is' basis and use of this site is at your own risk. Jekkle and its related companies, affiliates, licensors or licensees, and their respective directors, officers, employees or agents make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the information contained on this site (including in relation to any products or services). To the extent permitted by law, none of them will be liable or responsible in any way (including in negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the information contained on this site. To the extent permitted by law, Jekkle expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including (without limitation) implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for purpose.
11. Disclaimer of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, Jekkle will not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive loss or damages or any loss or damages whatsoever, including (but not limited to) loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with:
- the use, copying, or display of the contents of this site;
12. Limitations of Liability
- in the case of information or services supplied or offered by us, the re-supply of the information or services or payment of the cost of doing this;
- in the case of goods supplied or offered by us, repair or replacement of the goods, supply of equivalent goods, or payment of the cost of doing this; and/or
- the amount paid by you (if any).
13. Miscellaneous Information
14. Entire Agreement
15. Your Responsibility and Registration Obligations
You may only have one account that will identify you and will allow you to use the website and the service. You may not create more than one account for the website. You may not impersonate any other person or use a name that is not your own. It is your responsibility to update your account details to keep them current and accurate. You reserve the right to terminate your account for any reason at our sole discretion, and must pay all outstanding fees or charges before cancelation is approved.
16. Registration and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you will be responsible for all usage of your user account and/ or user name whether authorized or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Jekkle of any unauthorized use of your user account, user name or password. If immediate notification is not supplied to Jekkle then the use of your account will be assumed legitimate.
17. Account Cancelation
You reserve the right to cancel your account at any given time, pending the return of any out standing payments and or books being rented from Jekkle.
To cancel your accounts please contact us.
18. Ordering goods
Any order placed by you in the manner described in this site is an offer by you to purchase a particular product or service for the price (including the delivery and other charges) specified on this site at the time you place your order. You acknowledge that, by placing your order, you are agreeing to pay for and accept delivery of the goods ordered unless you ask us to cancel that order, and we send you written confirmation of the cancellation prior to the goods being dispatched to you. Jekkle may change the prices published on this website at any time.
19. About our prices
All prices are in Australian dollars unless stated otherwise.
All prices are inclusive of GST. Prices displayed on this site are current at the time of issue, but may change at any time and are subject to availability. Prices and availability of items are subject to change without notice.
We'll match a competitor's price as long as the same book or books (by ISBN) are from a physical Australian book store and are in stock (i.e. does not need to be ordered in from a supplier) and the price has no existing discounts already applied to it. We must be shown proof of all this to verify, such as a flier or price listed on the book store's website for a particular retail store of theirs.
Upon placing your order you should receive a confirmation email followed by a dispatched email from Australian Post once your order has been shipped.
All titles on the Website show the estimated dispatch time.
The time taken for a title to reach you once it has been dispatched depends on where it has been sent from. This time is determined as follows:
- SHIPS WITHIN 24 HOURS. Dispatches locally within 24 hours. Typically received the next business day after dispatch in NSW and 1-5 working days Australia wide. The title is dispatched from our Sydney fulfilment centre and sent with Australia Post. You may receive your order earlier than the time stated above but sometimes there can also be unforeseen postal delays, which are outside of our control. We ask that you please allow up to 2 days after your expected delivery date before contacting us. There may be occassions where the title still says 'In Stock' but we have sold out of the product. In this instance, you will be notified immediately.
- SHIPS WITHIN 3-7 BUSINESS DAYS. Dispatches locally within 3-7 business days. Typically received the next business day after dispatch in NSW and 1-5 working days Australia wide. The title is dispatched from our Sydney fulfilment centre and sent with Australia Post. You may receive your order earlier than the time stated above but sometimes there can also be unforeseen postal delays, which are outside of our control. We ask that you please allow up to 2 days after your expected delivery date before contacting us.
- NOT IN STOCK. This title is not in stock. Please contact us for an expected date when this title will be back in stock with our suppliers. However please be aware in some instances our suppliers may not be able to fulfil these titles.
Other delivery information
Your order is charged in full at the time your order is placed. Orders made on weekends and public holidays will be dispatched the next business day. Please ensure the delivery address and receiver's name for your order is accurate and complete as we are unable to change any details once the order has been placed.
Our databases are regularly updated based on current availability information supplied by publishers and distributors. Titles can and do sometimes become temporarily unavailable whilst reprinting, or they may go out of publication without prior notice from the publisher or distributor.
Jekkle will endeavour to supply all orders placed via this site. All products are listed for sale in good faith, but it is possible a supplier may notify us that a title is currently unavailable or no longer available. Upon receipt of this information from a supplier our online customer service team will contact you to let you know of the cancellation or delay of your order and payment will be refunded for each cancelled item.
Upon delivery you are required to sign a receipt for the book and a short agreement for the terms of using the book. If you are not there you will need to get someone else to sign on your behalf. Once you receive the book, you are responsible for its care.
If you provide us an incorrect address and the package is returned to us, you will be responsible for paying $8.95 for a re-delivery fee.
22. Returns & Refund policy
Please contact Jekkle Customer Service if you need to return a product purchased from Jekkle, you will then be provided with instructions on how to proceed.
Jekkle will provide full refunds, less any shipping fees, within fourteen (14) days of the order date, provided they are in re-saleable condition and you have your original proof of purchase from Jekkle in the following instances:
- You cancel the order before confirmation or before shipping;
- The book is delivered to you in an unusable condition (the usability of the book is to be determined at the discretion of Jekkle);
- Items is not as described on the Website; or
- You change or drop out of your course (written confirmation by the University is required).
Jekkle does not take any responsibility, or provide refunds for:
- Late delivery time, and any direct or indirect loss due to this; or
- Correct prices on the system (refer to third party involvement); or
- Correct information regarding the right books for university subjects (refer to university subject information); or
- Books being returned for refunds that are in an unsaleable condition (any damage whatsoever); or
- Vitalsource eBook codes or Cengage ebooks; or
- Packages that contain access codes where the access code has been opened or used; or
- Binder Ready Versions (i.e. loose leaf editions of the textbook).
Jekkle does not guarantee the inclusion or quality of items such as CDs, handbooks and user codes or any other packaged/bulk items. If you have received damaged, defective or incorrectly shipped merchandise, please notify Jekkle Customer Service within 5 days and follow their instructions for returns.
The cost of returning any product to Jekkle is your responsibility. In the event we have made a mistake, the item is not as described, or the product is delivered in an unusable condition we will refund reasonable return freight costs.
We will make every effort to process items returned to Jekkle within 3 business days of receipt at our online office. Please note any credit to your card account may not appear on your credit card statement until a future billing cycle, depending upon your card issuer's procedures. Generally, this takes the banks 3-5 business days.
You as the user should use the information provided at your own risk, and verify information such as your university book directly with your university to insure the correct information.
23. Title and risk
Title to the goods purchased on this site does not pass from Jekkle to you until we have received payment in full for the goods. All risk in the goods passes to you upon delivery to your address.
24. Rights we cannot exclude
The above disclaimer and liability limitation do not exclude any rights, which by law may not be excluded, including but not limited to your rights under the Trade Practices Act.
Your ability to purchase goods from this site may be terminated by Jekkle at any time without notice. All restrictions, licences granted by you and limitations of Jekkle' liability will survive termination.
26. University Subject Information
Jekkle may allow the user to search books required for certain university subjects to assist in the use of our service. Please be aware that while we endeavour to have the correct information we do not guarantee its accuracy. Jekkle is not responsible for any errors in the information provided in the course searches on the website.
27. Pricing Errors
If a book is listed under the wrong price due to an error, then Jekkle have the right to cancel or refuse the order, whether or not the order has been charged to a credit card or not. If your credit card is charged and the order is cancelled successfully you will be refunded the full amount.
Jekkle Rentals Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply in addition to those above.
1. Description of Service
The Service is an online textbook rental service, where users can rent books from Jekkle for a specified period of time and can sell books to Jekkle. Rentals from Jekkle include book(s) and in some cases CDs and DVDs. Internet access codes and other interactive features or online content will not packaged with textbooks, however we may provide access to these services for certain books. If you require further information, please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com and we will clarify any specific issues. We use Australia Post for the delivery and return of our products. We are not responsible for any delay or misdirection of mail. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse any order.
2. Use of the Book
Jekkle allows you to highlight but not to write in the book, we ask you to be considerate of other students who will use the book in the future.
Please see damages and losses (below) for more information.
To use the service, you as the user must have a confirmed credit card, account to make payments to Jekkle.
Payments from all orders are accepted only in the form of credit cards or debit cards from Visa, MasterCard and BankCard. All payments are processed through our third payment provider: CommWeb. All transactions are 100% secure and encrypted through CommWeb's network.
4. Purchasing extensions or renewals
If you need to keep your book for an extended period (in weekly increments) you may purchase an extension. If you need to keep your book for another semester or full year rental period you may purchase a renewal.
These will be manually processed by our Orders team. In order to purchase an extension or renewal please send an email here quoting your customer reference number and the desired time period you wish to purchase an extension/renewal for and we will be in contact with you shortly.
By using the service, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Jekkle (via eWay) will store your credit/debit card information, encrypted, and may charge you for any lost, stolen, or damaged books associated with your account. If any shipping fees are included with an order, they will be clearly displayed during checkout. By renting a book from Jekkle, you agree to both the storing of your credit/debit card details, and to any additional charges that Jekkle deems necessary due to user misuse of the Service, including, without limitation, any fees resulting from damages to rented books, automatic-extensions, lost, stolen, or unreturned books and you expressly agree that we may, at our sole discretion, send your account to a collection agency if you fail to pay all fees due and owing to Jekkle.
6. Rental Returns Shipping Policy
When using the rental service, books must be returned to Jekkle by the end of your rental period. You will be provided a due date when you place your order, and you must send your items to Jekkle by your due date to avoid extension or replacement fees. Any returns that are not postmarked by the due date will be deemed overdue, and you will be charged an extension fee to cover for the period of time the item is overdue, If the order is then not postmarked by the due date of the extension, you will be charged the full recommended retail price of the book(s). If you do need to keep the item for longer, you may buy an extension. When making a return, we will provide a printable prepaid return shipping label to affix to the package. Please ensure that you use this label so that we can track the book to your account.
7. Damages and Losses
Once in your possession, damages and losses of a rental book is your responsibility. We understand that a reasonable amount of wear and tear is to be expected in the regular course of use of the book, however you are required to keep the textbook in such a condition that it can be loaned out to another customer after the rental term. Throughout the rental, you are allowed to do minimal highlighting as long as it does not affect the readability of the material. Note taking in any form on the surface of the page is strictly prohibited. If the book is substantially damaged, or deemed to be un-useable by Jekkle staff, We reserve the right to charge your credit/debit card the replacement cost of the textbook and you are expressly agreeing to this by using the Service.
Examples of excessive damage include but are not limited to the following:
- Excessive highlighting (greater than 5% of the total pages in the textbook);
- Writing in Pen, or excessive writing of any form;
- Missing pages, front cover, torn or loose pages;
- Water damage and Stains;
- Missing text; and/or
- Any other significant damage.
If lost or theft of the textbook occurs once in your possession, you will be billed the Jekkle list price quoted on our website, less any rental fees incurred, plus a $5 administration fee. By entering into these terms and conditions you are agreeing to exercise a reasonable standard of care to ensure that the textbook is not carelessly misplaced and susceptible to loss and theft.
In the event of ‘damages’ or ‘loss’ of the book Jekkle has the right to charge your credit card for the remainder of the recommended retail price. You will be contact via email.
If you lose the book, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Search Results Disclaimer
Please check textbook requirements for your course with your University. While we attempt to keep its textbook lists as up to date as possible, we cannot guarantee that they are 100% current and in line with current course requirements.
Thanks again for using Jekkle. Copyright © ZOOKAL PTY LTD (trading as Jekkle). ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.