Mock meats have progressed way beyond basic seitan, and reducing your meat consumption is easier than ever before with these realistic alternatives. With a handy guide to ingredients, cooking methods, and the basic flavor profiles behind what makes “meat” so tasty, this book is for meat lovers who still want an option that mimics the real thing, and vegetarians who don’t want all the additives you get with processed, store bought mock meats. From meat loaf to sausages, from pâté to jerky, Robin Asbell has a plant-based answer for midweek suppers, weekend brunches, and holiday showstoppers.
• Thai Meatballs in Red Curry
• Smoky King Trumpet Mushroom Bacon
• Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
• Jackfruit Pulled Pork and Barbecue Sauce
• Turkey Roll with Stuffing