The premier drug guide for nurses and midwives since 1983.
Now in its 10th edition, Havard's Nursing Guide to Drugs continues to provide reliable, accurate drug information for nursing and midwifery students and practitioners. This user-friendly drug guide delivers safe, up-to-date drug administration information regarding form, action, use, dose, adverse effects and interactions in compliance with current pharmaceutical guidelines from the Therapeutic Goods Administration and MIMS. Nursing points and cautions highlight best practice in drug administration and expanded focus on Patient teaching and advice ensures quality patient care.
- All drugs listed by therapeutic class and by body system
- Both trade names and generic drug names are provided
- Icons indicate cautions for drugs used during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and drug specific restrictions in sport
A quick reference guide for calculating drug dosages and drip rates
- Common abbreviations, units and concentrations
Appendix 3 features the latest MIMS updates, including dual?labelling of drug ingredients to demonstrate international alignment
- Fully revised section on antineoplastic agents
New drugs added: immunomodifiers, pulmonary arterial hypertension agents and eye, ear and nose
Companion mobile optimised site (http://www.elsevierhealthonline.com.au/guidetodrugs/): available with print book or as a separate purchase: - Provides easy online access to the trusted drug guide - Search by body system, therapeutic class or both - Perfect support for students and practitioners during study or clinical practice