Introducing CengageBrain eTextbooks!
CengageBrain eTextbooks and eChapters are the most convenient and cost-effective way to access your course materials. You can generally expect to save more than 35% off RRP when you buy eTextbooks. You can buy and print only what you need, so you’ll save money and trees. You get instant access to free companion materials and online resources. Best of all, you can carry all your course materials in a compact and lightweight device!
To purchase an eTextbook or eChapter, click on the link below and you will be taken to the CengagBrain website. From there, it is 3 simple steps:
Step 1 - Search by ISBN
Step 2 - Enter your registration and payment details
Step 3 - Access your content wherever you are!
CengageBrain eTextbook FAQ
What file format is used to deliver the eBook and eChapter content?
The eBooks and eChapters are delivered through HTML5. They are protected using encrypted .jpg files to prevent copying. HTML 5 is the latest technology allowing for both online and offline access plus a number of eReader enhancements as listed in this FAQ.
What platforms and devices are supported with the new enhanced eBook?
You can view your eBook or eChapters on a desktop or laptop.
For online access:
IE 7.0 or higher (Windows)
Firefox 3.5 or higher (Windows/Mac)
Safari 3.0 (Mac)
For offline access - Browser support includes FireFox 3.6 and higher only at this time.
Can I highlight my eBook or eChapters using a desktop or laptop computer?
Yes! To highlight a passage, do the following:
1. Click and drag your mouse over the section of text you wish to highlight
2. Click the Highlight button in the toolbar.
3. To remove highlighting, hold your mouse over the highlighted section and click the X that appears in the left margin of the text.
4. You can see a list of all pages that contain highlighted text by clicking the Highlights tab in the panel to the left of your eTextbook page.
Can I access my content on more than one computer?
Online access is available from multiple computers or devices as long as they are supported. Please review the minimum requirements for additional information. Offline access is limited to one computer and one browser at a time (for instance, you cannot have an eBook checked out for offline use on one computer then try and check out the same book on a second computer).
Am I able to print the eBook or eChapters I purchased using a desktop or laptop computer?
Yes, however you can only print in online mode. (offline print support is not currently available)
For online mode, you may print up to 10 pages of your eBook at any one time. There is a limit to how many pages you may print overall: 150% of the total number of pages in the book. You will be alerted if you reach this limit.
To print, do the following:
1. Click on the Print button on the CourseSmart Reader tool bar. A Print window will appear.
2. Enter the page you would like to start with (the page you are on will appear by default, but you can change this).
3. Indicate how many pages (up to 10) that you want to print.
4. Click Print. You will see a new web browser window (or tab) with the selected pages formatted for printing. (You may have to disable your pop-up blocker to see this.)
5. Use your browser's Print command to print the pages.
I purchased an eBook at my bookstore. How do I access it?
On the home page enter your code in the Register Access Code box and click Register. Follow the directions to complete the code registration process. Once you complete the process, you'll be able to access your eBook or eChapters via My Home.
What is the CengageBrain.com returns policy?
Online purchases are firm sale. Cengage Learning Australia and New Zealand only offer returns to faulty products. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
What is a VitalSource e-book?
OUP Australia VitalSource e-books are accessible to customers anywhere in the world. Vitalsource e-books are a digital version of the text, downloadable to your computer and accessible offline using the free Vital Source Bookshelf software. All your Oxford e-books can be accessed from Bookshelf.
When you purchase a VitalSource e-book on this website, you will receive an email containing your e-book access code and instructions on how to download your e-book. OUP VitalSource e-books have perpetual access and will not expire.
Please note: For first time VitalSource users, you will be required to download VitalSource Bookshelf and set up an account to download your e-books. VitalSource Bookshelf is free to download. For system requirements and FAQs please visit bookshelf.vitalsource.com
To download your eBook, please:
1. Go to http://vitalsource.com/bookshelf
2. Under "Download Bookshelf" select either Windows or Mac OSX.
3. Once downloaded, double click the file to begin the installation process.
4. The first time you access your bookshelf from your desktop, you must create your account. Please record your username and password for easy retrieval.
5. On this registration screen enter your Redemption Code:
6. Upon submitting your registration, the eBook will commence downloading. This eBook may take in excess of 30 minutes to download depending upon your web connection speed.
7. Once the eBook displays 'Download succeeded', double-click on the eBook title to launch it in a new window.
If you have any questions, please email the OUP digital support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Support hours of operation are: 8:30am-4:45pm AEST.